WISE – Welcoming* Inclusive* Supportive* Engaged*
Hello Ebenezer (from your WISE Team)! Four videos at the site below give good insights to Ebenezer’s WISE initiative:
The Power of Personal Story and Breaking the Silence on Mental Illness
Minority Mental Health—What Does Faith Have To Do With It?
The “Big Three” Mental Illnesses
Self‐care for the Selfless
- As we continue to grow WISE together – remember that isolation can trigger many mental health challenges, not just for some but for ALL. Reach out to one another…talk over the phone to friends and family….let them hear your voice.
Five Surprising Mental Health Statistics: (from: mentalhealthfirstaid.org) By Rubina Kapil on February 6, 2019
These statistics provide a look at how many people face a mental health or substance use challenge, whether we see it or not:
- In the United States, almost half of adults (46.4 percent) will experience a mental illness during their lifetime.
- Five percent of adults (18 or older) experience a mental illness in any one year, equivalent to 43.8 million people.
- Of adults in the United States with any mental disorder in a one-year period, 14.4 percent have one disorder, 5.8 percent have two disorders and 6 percent have three or more.
- Half of all mental disorders begin by age 14 and three-quarters by age 24.
- In the United States, only 41 percent of the people who had a mental disorder in the past year received professional health care or other services.